best kayak for large dog

Dog in boat
Learned a trick from duck hunters. Get the front legs over the rail. Push down on the head/ neck. The muscles along the neck back are so strong the cantilever effect raises the back end. A quick scoop of the back end pulls them right in

Large Dog in a Poke Boat
Looking at the Vagabond Poke Boat, fiberglass. We have a large dog that is used to boats. I’m wondering how the fiberglass material holds up to dogs.

Perception Sport Kick
I have been paddling with a 60 lb dog for five years in a Perception Sport Kick 9.5 sit on top. I would definitely recommend a sit on top with a dog…for various reasons…one being the capsize potential and the cockpit filling up with water. We have only gone over twice and the second time I did it on purpose to make sure we could right ourselves and get back in. The first time we were only in 3 ft of water :slight_smile: My dog jumps out all the time and then easily gets back in with my help. She sits or stands on the bow and occasionally falls in, but loves it :slight_smile: I now have another dog who is 66 lbs. I have been out twice with both and have yet to capsize :slight_smile: However it is tight with two and me in the 9.5. I am looking for a bigger similar boat, but with no luck. A canoe is out of the question because I cannot get it on and off my car by myself. If you take a little time on the front end to properly train the dog, they make excellent paddling companions! But you’re going to get wet with them climbing in and out all the time :slight_smile: