Best Kayak for Women

not really…
I’m in Palm Beach County. I don’t paddle with any organized groups or clubs, but have run into a few out on the water. The local one to my area is the Palm Beach Pack and Paddle Club. All others I’ve run into in my local waters have been from further north- it seems the Treasure Coast has more active groups.

CD Squamish
You are exactly my wife’s size, and she loves the Current Designs Squamish. It is a 15.5 foot boat (skeg) with the advantage that since it is in poly it is not expensive. Worth a look.

yes
I’m actually going to be down that way in July. If I haven’t found something by then I will stop by. Thanks!

gorgeous
that’s a beautiful kayak! So are all the Lincolns carbon fiber? The one in Daytona does seem a good deal if it is.

Schoodic
I don’t know much about Lincoln, it just caught my eye on craigslist. Marshall will be a better resource.

Here’s the current Schoodic site though: http://www.paddlelincoln.com/shop/schoodic

So they are made in fiberglass, but still relatively light if the older models are similar in weight.

IT’S GONE

– Last Updated: May-21-15 3:13 PM EST –

The listing has been deleted. You no longer have the option to try it or buy it to

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

SWEETWATER KAYAKS & FLORIDA…
Yes, indeed, as noted above in commentary regarding the Craigslist ad seller, Florida can be a silly place. Heck, I live here, Greyhawk lives here, Lunasea lives here (boy oh boy, and so goes lunacy at times!), and JackL & Nanci drop anchor here for several months each year…!

Being the 4th most populous state, soon to be 3rd, you know the odds of finding silliness increases greatly. 'Nuff said…

On the other hand, Sweetwater Kayaks in St. Pete is anything BUT silly. IT’S a first rate, top tier paddling shop, operated by an incredibly experienced and knowledgeable staff, who are informative, friendly, and approachable people, and the shop carries a surprisingly large array of kayaks on site.

It’s well worth a visit. Indeed, a few years back, Brasilbrazil, Greyhawk, and I drove up and over from Miami -about 4 hours -for a series of demos of some boats, and were quite impressed with the store and the staff and the owner, a world class paddler and instructor who made us feel right at home.

Even if you end up with a boat before your trip, you owe it to yourself to visit Sweetater Kayaks. They’re not silly, but they sure do know a lot about how to

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

it was just re-posted
The thrift shop posts it almost daily, the link I posted before must have been taken down, but they posted it again today (still under the title “fishing kayak”): http://daytona.craigslist.org/bod/5036162734.html

Petite Paddler Kayaks
Old thread, I know, but there’s a couple of lightweight Avocet LVs and Atlantic LVs on sale at The River Connection, in Hyde Park, NY.

Yeah, it’s a plug, but they need a good home.

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com