Best PFD for fishing?

Fishing PFD
I’m a big fan of the Lure model PFD from Extrasport. It has a good selection of pockets, has a thinned out lower back so it works well with my high back seat and is offered in a full range of sizes.

Life Vests
I use a Stearns inflatable fishing vest from Cabela’s. I started using it several years ago while float tubing. After several years of working boating safety on the Sacramento River, I have yet to see a body pulled from the water wearing a lift vest.

PFD
Whatever type you choose,

the first thing to do is to try it out in the water, not in your boat but in the water. Simply walk in to a pool or on a beach. Make sure that it supports your weight and that you are wearing it properly.

This will help you to get all the straps, buckles, etc. in the correct positions.

Also its would be a good idea to attach a whistle where you can reach/blow it.

Fishing out of my canoe, I don’t expect my PFD to have any other role than to kep me bouyant. I certainly don’t want to attach any tackle to it for two reasons: 1) it could weaken the PFD; 2) what could be worse than dumping my boat and thrashing around in the water - dumping the boat with a bunch of hooks attached to my torso.

America’s cup.
I have no idea about the brand but I like the jacket. It has a band of floatation arround the waist and straps that connect to some floatation behind the neck. they were cheap and we bought 3 of em when All About Sports went out here in Dayton. I hate vests but this one is not bad.

NRS Chinook
Check it out. Reflective tape, tons of storage, comfortable fit.