Better lower back support for kayaks ?

Wish there was an air pressure seat
I am so looking forward to someone who can invent an seat that uses air pressure and may be a pump or co2 cartridge instead of adjustment cord and latches that corrode with seawater.

Wish htere was an air pressure seat
Admirable thought on the pressurized seat but i think we have a bit longer to wait !

that’s because they’re experienced

– Last Updated: Jul-28-14 9:19 AM EST –

...and they know that relying on back support impairs the effectiveness of a paddle stroke. Some of us have been where grubfish is now and fortunately, received advice that worked.

Feathercraft

– Last Updated: Jul-28-14 8:51 AM EST –

Feathercraft folding kayaks have a very comfortable compact inflatable seat with low lumbar placement-- separate valves for back and bottom with infinite adjustment via flexible tubes. I don't know if they sell the seats separately from the factory (not listed in their parts catalog anymore) though I have seen used ones occasionally on Ebay where they go for around $150. Since the seats are suspended from the frame longerons and cross-ribs one would have to build something within the cockpit of a hard-shell to attach the seat but that could probably be accomplished with PVC pipe.

Pakboats folding kayaks also have an inflatable seat ($110), though not as ergonomic as the FC model, it does have nice thigh support.