blackhawk canoes?

Hey Bob…thanks for getting back to me. I love the nighthawks!!! Does yours have the tractor seat? Or just the standard seat? Would you ever consider selling one? I have the Grade IV packs and tractor seat cover. Mine were stolen many years ago while I was in Houston…would love another one.

Winston.

Winston,

Nope! Sold my Nighthawk a couple of years ago.
They are very, very difficult to find these days.
I’m sure a lot of them are gone forever, or owners are just not turning them loose. Not very many were made; I have only seen two offered for sale in the last 2 decades. The Nighthawk I had was one of them…
It had rather unique Blackhawk label on both sides; quite tall lettering. Supposely? Mr.Sigglekow used it at boat show (way back when) as a demo boat. Nobody had to wonder who the manufacturer was, even at a distance
Blackhawk Nighthawk
It had a pedestal seat.
It is pictured. I found and bought it in Wisconsin; where I’ve found the majority of the Blackhawks I’ve owned. Picked up 5 or 6 of them in Illinois.

Blackhawk Shadow used as demo by Sigglekow

Big lettering equal demo boat??? is purely a supposition by another Blackhawk fan.

I do have a couple of the smallest Shadows. Might sell one of those?

BOB

Bob…sent a couple of messages…kept saying they were rejected? Anyway…what length is the shadow, and do you have any pics? Would be seriously interested, if it’s the shorter one, I think they are 11’7", and that would be perfect. I miss my Blackhawks!!!

Winston

Bob…would be interested. Let me know…would be serously interested.

Winston

Winston,

I do still have a small, Blackhawk Shadow, and I would turn it loose for what I feel is a decent price. It is in virtually pristine condition, always stored indoors, seldom used & only on lake. Wood gunwales, and wood/cane seat, white in color.

Don’t have any recent photos, but can take a couple without much problem.

BOB
gitchellbob@gmail.com

Bob…that would be great if you could get me a couple of shots of it. Would definitely be Interested, and think I have seen a photo of it in previous post. Really miss my nightHawk with pedestal. I have a 14’9" Langford Signet, that I paddle with my wife, but want another smaller freestyle boat. I am a Luthier, and make acoustical guitars…so taking care of the wood, and canoe is no problem. I am kind of fanatic about my stuff, and taking care of it. Let me know what you think is fair…not a hagler…I believe in paying someone a fair price, as long as I feel like I don’t need a kiss after…haha.

Hey, I just picked up an old Curtis Ladybug, I contacted Curtis Canoes (now Hemlock) and they said it was probably a hull they made, but finished and sold by Blackhawk back in the 80’s. It is in fantastic shape for being over 40 years old. I plan to get it on the water this weekend.