Boats with lots of "glide"

Amen to the Voyager comment…
I had mine out yesterday and was paddling into a protected cove and started fussing with one of my sandals. I was hardly moving when I set my paddle down, and 60 yards later was still moving right along and had to use the paddle to correct my course so as not to run aground. (Wind was not a factor either, and if anything there was a cross wind).

Having it well trimmed in the water makes a big difference too.

In sum…
Given the boat you are comparing to, there are a number of boats out there that’ll give more back to you in retaining forward inertia.

Good question as above that few asked - how long a camp and what kind of season are you thinking of? That is, would this be backpacker light or bigger gear and clothing kind of camping? And do you also need this to be a boat to build more advanced skills or just stay upright reasonably well and haul you and gear? Those answers may help set a length and overall volume.

Try a lot of boats.
Long and narrow are design factors that should affect glide. But go try a lot of boats. That will work far better for you than anybody else’s theoretical bovine stuff.