BodyGlide for latex neck gasket antichaf

my drysuit has a glideskin seal and i do white water and been for a swim a few times and never have a problem.
make sure you pull the seal down your neck so you have a little bit of play rather than up your neck and tight on movement :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not clear to me - is that Seaskin Seal Gray placed on the neck and then the regular gasket over it? Or is it placed over (outside) the gasket?

Have you used? Does it work?

Possibly. But the narrow tunnel that seals against your neck (before the gasket starts expanding out) of the neoprene is taller than on the latex gaskets I have used. It looks to be about 2" of same diameter on the neoprene where latex gaskets start belling out right away, so you may have less than half an inch of tight seal. It is possible that the longer sealing distance may actually seal better (then again, maybe not).

If you look at the neck gasket shown at https://www.nrs.com/product/2284/nrs-latex-neck-gasket, you will see the belling out happens right away. In this picture of one of the neo gaskets, you can see it stays narrow for a longer distance: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwom626fgcaksxl/2020-05-13%2008.22.25.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for this. If you were to remove a latex gasket and replace with glideskin or similar, would you use Aquaseal as the adhesive as you would with latex?

@AlwaysWet

@AlwaysWet I used Aquaseal, but don’t know if that is the best stuff to use for this or not. Seemed to work fine. I put the first neo neck seal on an old non-Goretex paddling suit to replace the weak neoprene neck it came with. But that paddling suit delaminated and was way out of warranty, so I have since tossed it. Before I did, I peeled the neo neck gasket off and have re-installed it on another old paddling suit I had around. Nice that I was able to remove and re-use, but that also makes one wonder if the AquaSeal seal is strong enough for all uses.

I look forward to viewing the video @onlysme4969posted to see what they used.

1 Like

Aquaseal® Urethane Repair Adhesive is the industry standard for maximum strength repairs to neoprene drysuits. This is a highly flexible adhesive we recommend for use with G-Dive latex seals and neoprene composition drysuits. Aquaseal cures in approximately 12 to 24 hours directly from the tube. It does NOT include the Cotol cure accelerator because the cure accelerator reduces the flexibility of the adhesive; an undesirable side effect when being used with latex seals.

That is not what was used in the video. That is not Aguaseal being brushed on.

You can add color to Aquaseal FD or Aquaseal SR using ceramic pigment found at most craft stores. Just mix it directly into the adhesive prior to application.
this is what i use for my repairs and other little jobs in the uk… but in the US there are similar products from marine stores :wink: :slight_smile: