Brimmed hat for kayaking

“Ultimate” hat
I found an “Ultimate” canvas hat an estate sale for $5. Very similar to a Tilley, but as one poster noted, I am also ‘frugal’.

I checked the “Ultimate” website and noted they originally sell for around $60. Not this gal! I like my bargains and would never have paid that.

For cooler weather, I do prefer my OR hats to those sold by EMS. All bought on sale! I have an “ExtraSport” rain hat and the positives about it are that it’s has a small zippered pouch and with a wide section of brim in the back, it keeps out the rain very well. Negative is that it’s one size fits all. Not too good if you have a small head. You can get lost in it. Good quality though.

Speaking of “frugal”. I have a friend who speaks of her husband being so CHEAP (he says FRUGAL), that his sleeping bag still has cowboys on it. Hey, if it still works! But I hope he was a tall youngster. He’s now in his mid to late 40’s.

shopping everywhere
I like hats. my friends make fun of me, and most of them are full brim hats. At my job (TJ Maxx) I got a timberland full brim sombrero. it is a nylon hat with a little stifness in the brim, but folds up. it has vents in it. I like it. it wan’t expensive. I also have the full brim wool-felt fedora…but it is more, more like, near a cowboy hat almost. it is Indiana Jonesy. I retired the straw cowboy hat, too beat up.

I just am always looking for that perfect hat…I am sure my Girlfriend will find it, or tell me wich one it is later. or maybe hate them all and not continue on with me, but then I would have wasted all this time looking at rings when i could have been paddling in a rediculus hat!

Liveoutside

It floats too!

– Last Updated: Jan-01-07 8:56 PM EST –

I lost mine on the way to a dive site once. We went back and picked it up. Use it for hiking, kayaking and to & from dive sites. Great hat!
deb

(The Ultimate hat tjalmy suggested)

Well, Bill
Maybe you just missed the mass female pilgramage because you only see me for less than a week per year!

Jim

Tilley wearer since 2003

and here I thought wally world
was a big amusement park.

is there a model
with a gun holster in it?

Derringer
http://www.qualityhats.com/derrin1.jpg

LMAO
we could mount a mirror to the brim.

Is that snakeskin?

bora bora booney
http://www.columbia.com/Product.aspx?top=6&cat=61030&prod=3110

I’m cheap - -
Full brimmed at flea markets - - $3.00 to $5.00

Your choice of various camo / plain / wierd / ugly

If I lose it, or it gets screwed up - - Oh well

Seattle Sombrero when rolling…
I was wearing my Seattle Sombrero during my 3* tune-up. Executing a sereis of braces on the move I capsized. When I rolled up my Sombrero was full of water and hanging off my neck feeling like a noose. I managed to roll, but a friend told me of having the same thing happen and the strangling sensation resulting in him blowing his roll. I still love my Seattle Sombrero, but no longer use the chin strap as intended.

I am actually rather fond of my Columbia Bonney. It drains if you capsize wearing it :wink:

http://www.columbia.com/Product.aspx?top=6&cat=61030&prod=3110

mr canoe head
thanks to mr canoe head for reminding us that frugal has it limits.

Always looking for a good paddling hat, but not from wally world