Brit Boat Modifications

does it show?
If it’s tight enough to show a bulge on the outside of the hull/deck it’s too tight. If it doesn’t you’re G2G. Like Bry says seal it, as well.

steve

solder
solder wire makes a great template tool.

Bend the wire round the hull and it holds it’s shape. transfer to cardboard. make sure it fits well. transfer to mini or a f/g b/h. cut out and glue/glass it in.

a lot of work but very cool when done.

steve

No Bulge
Thanks guys,

I’m definitely planning to seal it in. I’m planning to use 3M 4200. I know several of you have said that Lexel (sp?) is the best way to go, but I’d like to keep the option of removing it later if need be.

Thanks

Will Do That

– Last Updated: Sep-22-04 12:39 PM EST –

I will probably put it on Bay Area Sea Kayakers. I plan on joining after the first of the year when they renew member ships. I get most of my used boats from BASK classified.

Or I might just get used to it after a while...

Before you do that…
…you might want to play with it a bit longer. Once you get used to the small cockpit, you may find that you like it.

Lexel is strong…
…but it will still allow you to remove it if you need to. Actually, any adhesive will do that, you just may not be able to get it out in one piece.

Wait a bit
It is a really nice boat.

The Skerrey Is Not For Sale!
Seems to be some misunderstanding. The Skerrey is not for sale. I have only used it once, and I like the way it paddles alot.

Concerned about the ocean cockpit, but I haven’t even done re-entry yet.

Just got new boat outfitting fever, that’s all!

ocean cockpit
I was concerned about the small cockpit too. In fact when I first practiced wet exits I had a friend standby to make sure I could get out.

It wasn’t a problem. In fact I ended up padding out the cockpit quite a bit. I’m 6’ 200lbs. Now I actually like the small cockpit quite a bit. Still working on that cowboy re-entry though.