BWCA Footwear

Typical P-net answer from someone who
didn’t read the whole post we all were addressing.

NRS Descent
Saturday and today I tried on these new from NRS Descent water shoes. They are ultra-light at about 1 pound and they float. They cost $65 but as shoes go that’s pretty normal. The only problem I found is the heel box is wide and deep so even with the smaller size pinching my toes and the laces drawn tight the shoe slipped right off my heel, like a bedroom slipper. I’m disappointed, I really wanted them to be my summer boating shoe. Oh well, back to the NRS Attack Shoes that I wore last year.

and I really hate the Crocs
I am inbetween sizes…either one is lethal. My foot will twist in one and get toe jam in the other.

Vibram 5 fingers
I bought a pair of Vibram Five Fingers last year at Canoecopia in Madison, WI. They are like bodygloves for your feet. go to www.vibramfivefingers.com they are very comfy and like going barefoot with protection for your feet.

boots
Long days of portaging and dry feet are possible with 17" Cabelas snakeboots, waterproof, light weight, good soles and reasonable in price.

Did you read how they test those boots?
that guy who stood in a room of Diamondbacks and watched them strike his Snakeboots repeatedly must have had one hell of an adrenaline rush going on. He did, however, remain calm enough to note the fangs didn’t hang up in the rubber.

Palladium Pampa
I’m on my fourth pair of Palladium Pampas. So what if I have to rinse out a little sand every once and a while.

ditto on the crocs–really like em