Caloric Burn while Kayaking

A college healthTextbook for CSU

mr340
connie–do you do long distance paddles? The Missouri river race (340 miles from Kansas city to st louis) is almost full up. as of now there are 162 out of 200 boats entered. 14 are solo females…you should sign up and compete.

like your site by the way…thanks for the info

Bill

outstanding site Connie
thanks for chiming in. I have it in my favorites and will be poring over it a lot.

Paul

Between the donuts and Gatorade
I’m pretty sure that I wind up positive rather than negative.

• Big D

Thanks Bill
If I still lived in St Louis and was 20 yrs younger, I may consider that! I don’t train for long distances in my boat. I use to race bicycles and can understand the brutality of long distance races and training for them, however. Nonetheless, racing a kayak or canoe has more dimensions to it than a cycling or running race. Because of this, I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of you, men and especially women, who train and race in your boat. Because of my interest in paddling (more from a wilderness tripping experience), I’ve tried to blend my profession with my interest and offer something to those who do race or take intense multi-day trips.

I hope to spend more time on this website reading what is mostly on athlete’s minds and try to offer more information in that light on my website.

Connie

Thanks Paul
Paul, if there is any information I can add to the site, please let me know. I’m hoping to update the fitness portion of it and make it easier to add new information on a regular basis. I’m also hoping to keep up with this forum to read what athlete’s are most interested in as far as training techniques, nutrition, recovery, etc.

Connie