Camp Coolers?

another trick
On sunny days I keep a wet towel on top of the cooler. It really seems to help.

Igloo max cold.
I did get a look at some of the Igloo Max Cold coolers and they do seem like a strong possibility. We have a few left over from last year at the store but not exactly all models. I am beginning to think that the friction fit models might be the way to go in a less expensive cooler. If the latch is a cheap poly type that may break off anyway, why have it in the first place?

The only problem I have with the soft coolers is that they are not critter/rodent resistant. The soft cooler inside a hard cooler idea has merit though. I’ll never forget the time we neglected to secure our cooler lid with a strap upon crawling into the tent one night. The raccoons in Wyalusing WI are a very educated bunch to say the least! 1:00 am I had what sounded like herds of raccoons fist fighting, screaming, growling, against the walls of the tent. They obviously thought highly of the whole stick of salami and 3lb block of cheese we were planning on eating.

Link

– Last Updated: Mar-05-08 10:20 AM EST –

The Galaxy coolers used to be Icee and are really good but you do have to pay.

Be careful
if you are in bear or raccoon-plagued (mini-bear)areas. Saw a pack of 'coons chew the plastic spout off a metal cooler. They weren’t impressed by my efforts to chase them away. I shudder to think what a bear would have done.

Omaha Steaks…
2" thick styrofoam. Their shipping boxes rawk as coolers…