Canoe footwear suggestions?

I use these from Bass Pro
http://www.basspro.com/RedHeadreg;-Chilled-Out-Canvas-Casual-Shoes-for-Men/product/10206940/143090?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

I got these in a bargin bin at Bass pro for like 9.99 one day & I’ve found them to be great river shoes - lightweight, dry quickly, felt bottom, etc. Plus they’re cheap!

Shoes
URL did not work - go to Bass Pro and search for: RedHead® Chilled Out Canvas Casual Shoes for Men

LL Bean sneakers and similar shoes

– Last Updated: Jul-14-12 11:18 AM EST –

I tried sandals. Didn't like that there was no toe protection. Tried regular sneakers (Chuck Taylors), but they stayed too wet too long. Tried neoprene booties. Fine for in the boat, but sucked for walking. Tried light weight "swimmie shoes" but they had no support for walking on land. Tried toed sandals (similar to Keen H20) but didn't like that gravel and sticks seemed to find their way between my foot and the footbed. Finally I settled on LL Bean Summer Sneakers. Though now discontinued, thee Vacationland Sneakers in the post above are very similar. I've also seen similar shoes made by Saolmon (Techamphibian), Merrell (Waterpro), Columbia (Drainmaker), etc.

I think these are darn near perfect for paddling. They drain well, protect the feet, dry quickly and provide enough support for short portages, lunch on shore or walking on rocky river bottoms.

H20
Tried that style but didn’t like that sticks and gravel kept getting caught between my food and the footbed.

I enjoy my Five Fingers Flows
They’re great for both canoing and kayaking. They dry quickly, have good grip on wet rocks and other slippery surfaces, and best of all, they don’t let in sand and gravel the way sandals or cheap water shoes do.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-Flow-Mens.htm

I second
FF’s rock! Best water shoe I’ve ever worn. However…(and its a big “however”) you have to get used to walking barefoot to us them without hurting yourself. Short hikes, like down the put-in and back, aren’t a big deal. But anything longer, especially on rough terrain, takes practice walking gently to avoid stepping on sharp pointy things and conditioning your leg muscles (especially your calves). Same deal as learning to run “barefoot”. Once you learn how to hike “barefoot”, it is SOOO much better than big clunky boots. Yes, I’ve drunk the barefoot/minimal shoe koolaide. In the canoe, the FF’s are super compny - the next best thing to being barefoot for real.