Can't afford a Beale, new storm

Cypress Wood
Cypress is not exactly a lightweight wood but it was pretty easy to work with. My Dad pulled out a beautiful piece of center cut, cherry and thought he would play with it but found his planes didn’t want to cut it. Im sure he’ll find a power tool that works or a sharper plane. My Dad’s wood crafter friend will also most likely also make one just to make, even though neither one of them paddle. Both of them seem to harvest downed cherry, hickory, pecan, oak and cedar just for the hell of it and to have around for whenever they want to build something, my Dad must have 2,000 board feet of process lumber laying around.

Brian

SoFlo

Nice! Has he by chance got any…
… green of air dried White Oak or Ash and equipment to mill it into (straight grained) 1 1/2" x 1/4" strips?

I want to finally get a SOF started so I’m looking for rib bending stock and also 2 19’ x 3" x 3/4" clear pine (or equivalent) pieces for the gunnels (it will be a long boat - 6 meters). Everything else I can make from home center stock and found scrap wood. I plan to start hitting the local lumber/millwork places early next week. One of them has to be able to hook me up…