carbon vs wood paddles

link
can you give me link to bailey stick paddles? I googled and didn’t find in quickly. thanks.

I guess I just like to suffer …

possible link info
You might try 86five 98six 938seven - Ask for Bailey, he’s old school w/no internet skills.

more on my werner - dislikes

– Last Updated: Apr-02-10 9:11 AM EST –

I'm often surprised at what kayak paddle companies pass off as good canoe paddles. Werner is one such example, with their bandit series. And yes, I was once happy with one of these too, a carbon bandit. The price was the reason for my joy; however the longer it wore on the less the joy. Wear is to be expected with any paddle, and I found no reason to fault this, however on the other hand it was not stellar in this regard either. The feel on the other hand (sic) was dismal. The completely round shaft, was to be expected in a 1980's composite paddle, but that's not to expected on a premium paddle today. And the lack of give (flex) in the shaft, creates a condition where all give is in your arm and shoulder. Definitely a prescription for pain in some, and later discomfort in others. It has all the feel of a steel pipe, which is a bit surprising as the Carlyle is just that, and has a better feel (due to it's flexing). As for the nature of thin blades in general. In pure stroke ability they are fine, and many flat water racing paddles tend to be really thin. But in whitewater where many recovery strokes, corrections, and offside work is done underwater - this wafer thin blade is a hindrance. This hindrance stems from the blade wanting to dive off to the either side as flow is diverted, instead a developing a nicely laminar flow around the oblique blade angle. And also results in a shimmy feel (vibration) even when not veering off one way or the other. I am also surprised at how little difference a in weight, between their everyday Bandit and the Carbon Bandit for the money. As for their Kayak paddles, they are in a completely different league than their single blades, and have the feel, balance, value that precedes their reputation. One only has to compare the blades on other leading single blade (whitewater) manufacturers, to see that the completely thin (flat) one's have been supplanted by better designs.