Some people call the fan blades–
“Paddles”

that could count!

cheers,

jackL

It might keep me from being
electrocuted so I can keep paddling.

Who said anything about using them…
…in the cold? I tend to assume if a building has a ceiling fan, it’s probably a heated space. You’re correct about fluorescent lights and cold temps, but it generally takes temps in the 40s or lower to cause a problem. There are some types of fluorescent lights that work fine even in very cold temps. I have a 4’ fixture at one end of my garage that always lights, though it will flicker at first if the temps are down in the single digits or lower. OTOH, I have a 2’ fixture at the other end that’s barely reliable when it’s warm.

Compacts were are real problem when they first came out, as they wouldn’t light when cold and, took half a second or so to light when it was warm and they had a long warmup period during which their output gradually increased. Newer CF units light reliably in colder temps, light instantly and reach their full output much faster. I haven’t had any problems with them, although they don’t seem to last as long as they claim. Fortunately, I can buy them really inexpensively in MA, where the price is subsidized by the power companies.

my bad
I thought we were trying to see how many paddlers it takes to change a light bulb?

I don’t think we know the answer yet!

Nice lights taj but could not find 9385

Paddle blades…
Paddle blades of said fan cools you off after a long paddle. Not only that, I was anticipating the failed fan to be dismantled allowing us all to bid on the spare “paddles”.

I’m so bored. I’m using brain power to make corny jokes and I have went into great detail explaining how to prevent camel crickets from entering someones home.

Sorry to Delete. I got an angry e-mail

– Last Updated: Dec-10-08 3:20 PM EST –

from one who posted to the thread about something I said so I thought it would be best to delete it. I aplogize to the one I offended.

You could say...wait for it....wait for it...

"I saw the light"

dimmer switch
If you have a dimmer switch it must be one for fan AND light, there is a difference!