cell phone in ziplock bag

Cell phones
I am taking about a dozen seventh grade boys, my Sunday School class, on an overnighter down a river, camping on an island. Anything can happen and I have to be prepared. I will have the phone, but hope I don’t have to use it. It would be foolish to go without it.

ziplock bags
Well, first we got a VHF hand held, but my wife doesn’t like to use it. AND, she got mad when I couldn’t hear her holler at me. She yaks as well. Guys, a wife that fishes is the best thing in the world. A constant fishing buddy that offers the possibility of another activity on secluded beaches if the fish aren’t biting. We ended up geting a pair of hand-held CB walkie-talkies with a range of about 3 miles; more range on the water. We store both the VHF and the CB in heavy duty ziplock bags; VHF in the large pocked of the PFD, and the CP flopping around in the cockpit, usually with a small piece of that double glue backed velcro so it stays in one place. Glued the hook part to the yak, and the loop part to the ziplock. After the amount of water coming in the other day, there was NO leakage at all, and I got a blow by blow accound of every fish she caught. Tell you what, meeting women in tackle shops is a fantastic way to shop for a wife. I was really fortunate in meeting her.