Clean Up

I washed the boat after being chased off the water by a thunderstorm this morning. I noted that there was a brown stain and several scuffs on the gel-coat after cleaning it and figured the boat was starting to show some usage.

I used a trick that has worked on sail and power boats for me for a deeper cleaning. I used bon ami which is a cleaner with a very mild abrasive and was able to clean off all the stains and rub out most of the scuffs. The boat still has some battle scars from oyster beds but it looks ready to go again.

Happy Paddling,

Mark

Thanks Mark
I will have to try that. Any problem with Bon Ami removing teh glos of teh gelcoat? Or has that disappeared from use?

Jim

No Problems
I guess it is like using rubbing compound except milder. The gloss actually improves.

Mark

hey mark
I use soft scrub w/bleach . Course all my yaks are so old I gotta use a wax-compound after if I want any shine and beading action .

Mark

Hey Mark
I looked at the website and that trip looks really nice. It is expensive but already sold out so I guess it must have been priced correctly. It sounds like you will have a fun, loonngg trip.

Happy Paddling,

Mark

Me Too
and Soft-Scrub is great for getting the black marks off white shoes too.

SYOW

Cal

Our lake
leaves a very heavy stain on white fiberglass. We use tidy-bowel to clean it off our sailboats. You do not really need to scrub, just apply it alone the gunnels and let it run down. Then rinse it off.