Clothing selection Kayak vs Canoe

Webshots?
Hmm, I guess webshots won’t let me link to he full sized images. Too bad since they look a lot better than the webshots shrunken jobs.

I’ve edited the links. Thanks for letting me know.

A timely post!
I can’t believe it has been a year since I last posted about cold water / cold air canoeing.

I’m off on Saturday for my annual four day fall sacrifice to the river gods and I will be wearing a dry suit.

Temperatures will range from mid forties to mid fifties so there will be fleece underneath.

Water will be c o l d.

Although I don’t plan on swimming, I’ve sometimes been told I’m not a good planner :slight_smile:

I am, however, expecting a couple lap fulls and some water sloshing around in the bottom occasionally. Not the kind of weather for wet clothes no matter how quick dry.

Now if I could just solve my pumpkin head dilemma every time I put on that suit! I have had a flowerpot in the neck gasket for a week or more so it should be better.

Paul

Nice post Paul and photos Tommy

– Last Updated: Oct-18-07 7:45 PM EST –

Funny how "snarlfest" developed up a bit on this post. Paul, forget the flowerpot. Last Saturday was my first time wearing the NRS Extreme since about April or May. What I find is the first 2 minutes are uncomfortable, then when the circulation has decided to bypass everything above the neck, I feel fine. Lightheaded perhaps, but fine.:-) Dang suit makes me feel invinceable too,my Encore turned 4 different colors after saturdays run, my skin 2 different colors...hmmm, lots of rain tomorow AND another release this weekend :-)
Shot of my buddy Wade and paddling buddette Sharon here.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2353159300094366337tQdKex
This was before Aaron and I got our drysuits and I would be nervously paddling cl.2 this time of year, (okay cl. 3+ one day last January,purely unintentional, but when I got home the drysuits were ordered IMMEDIATELY). Ya' got 4 minutes....
Hmmmm, seeing JackL mentioning the swishing of the drysuit scaring away the wildlife makes me think maybe there's different types of paddling. I've never heard mine swish, just the sound of flowing water and the occasional "oh $#'?" escaping my lips.