Coaster equivalent?

hey he is coming to Essex, mass
in October-sing we could talk him into that class being the sc-1…hmmm…

r

In that case sign me up
Bob - I’ll dust off my cypher key and put my email address into my public profile - Thanks, Carl

Uh…
Read below. Not that interested in replicating someone’s kayak. Free to build. Free to design on one’s own.

Got a 13’-14’ rec-like design SOF in mind to build for a friend. Got enough wood to do another after that but really don’t have any great interest to spend time on another one.

The acquisition plan is getting a mini-malibu board and then a long board/gun type waveski for this year. Got one more seakayak to get rid off first.

sing

SOF Surf kayak
Brian is talking about building a skin on frame surf kayak (inverted design).

Might be interesting to get some proper short boat surf kayakers together to kick around ideas.

I wonder what a love child of Sing and Brian’s skills and imagination might look like…?

Bet it would be something pretty cool.

Truthfully…

– Last Updated: Feb-19-07 6:11 PM EST –

I have mulled the fin box issue. I think it's maybe doable. Need to lash on solid plank pieces to and between ribs for the fin boxes and then to fashion some sort of flange that can lock the skin down over the lip of the boxes (maybe 1/8" thick HDPE). But I would always be questioning the durability of beach launching/landings.

It's a challenging idea and will certainly be a nice achievement for someone totally committed to the sof design and building process.

I'm more locked into the wave riding performance satisfaction and have moved increasing into waveskis (even away from surf kayaks and haven't surfed my Wold for almost a year now) just because these put a bigger smile on my face when I am on a waveface.

sing

Warm up the CypherRing
You have mail.

Bob