I have not read what other posters have said so forgive me if this is a repeat.
- Dry suit. Preferably breathable. Palm makes pretty affordable ones. Ebay is a good place to look. DO NOT get one of those semi-dry suits that Kokatat makes.
- Good wicking base layer. I really like the stuff from IR. The mid weight stuff is great in the winter. REally wicks well.
- Pogies for your hands. Again I like the ones from IR. Much easier to get in and out of than most and not excessively heavy. Pogies are better than gloves IMHO.
- Smartwool socks.
- Some sort of neo / surf skin skull cap.
- A GOOD ROLL!!!
- A contingency bag in your hatch if you are not 100% at your roll…warm dry clothes, etc.