Coming back to sea kayaking - boats?

Used Explorer LV would also fit her
There will be more of those available than used Pilgrims or Pilgrim Expeditions.

The LV cockpit is smaller than that of the Pilgrim cockpit, and the LV deck without knee bumps is a closer fit. I padded my PEX knee bumps inside but I’m smaller than your wife.

And welcome back to the paddling world!

4 boats at a time

– Last Updated: Sep-07-11 5:13 PM EST –

We have an Outback wagon and a Sable wagon. Each is set up with old style Yakima Stackers so we can carry up to 4 boats at a time on either car. We had started with Stackers, went to rollers and saddles when we first got composite boats, and then back to stackers when they were a better solution for ww boats and carrying more than 2 boats at a time.

Aled Williams is one of the very significant and influential sea kayak designers. His role in the development of the Romany is often overlooked. http://www.seakayakinguk.com/us/?mode=story

Went with Tiderace - thanks all
Wanted to give a feedback here.

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions. In the end I went with Tiderace - Xcite for me and Xcape S for my wife. Will make a road trip in about two weeks to pick them up.

Next big decision will be paddles - I’ll most likely go for one of the less expensive Werners…and plan on upgrading later. The boats were considerably more expense than my wife thought they would be so my plan is to keep other outlays modest now and upgrade the paddles next year.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts.

Dave