Compass riddle

Does the carabiner…
… hit you in the shins when you walk around on land?

Only if you don’t
Only if you don’t clip it to your pfd.

I tried the carabiner on the sprayskirt thing for a while, didn’t like it though. In any kind of waves or chop it bangs on the deck and annoys me badly.

Interesting idea

– Last Updated: Aug-18-16 8:22 AM EST –

I have done a number of things to skirt loops to make them easier to get by feel, for example duct taping on plastic tubing larger and more reliable loop. But the idea of adding a carbineer that would also sink the loop is interesting.

Crossing into whitewater or a lot of surf, many would see it as a snagging risk. That is probably why it didn't occur to anyone here. I am probably not the only northeasterner who has done a little easy WW to mix things up. Though it has been a whil.

Interesting
Different things from different parts of the country. I’d never heard of the carabiner thing. I agree I think it would bug me banging around in rough water. I’ve seen people put a wiffle-type golf ball on their grab loop for a larger handle, but I never felt the need.

:D:D:D

ok fess up
that carabiner is only there so you can urinate without taking your sprayskirt or PFD off.

:wink:

I never heard of or saw a carabiner
being used!

That’s because…
It could mess with your compass…

Lol
Lol, it does.

me neither
and wouldn’t ever consider doing that- I boat where there are lots of snagging hazards- for a while some folks used a mini wiffle ball on the grab loop but that was also a snagging hazard and that practice pretty much ended many years ago after a well publicized fatality

locking beeners are preferred for flip lines so you don’t accidently get snagged on webbing (rafts)