Crappy canoes that could make good solo canoes

I would love to find one. Only 16s and 17s in the Midwest this fall. I love my 16, though!

Ooh, good acquisition! I love my Lady Bug!

He found a seller near me with a pristine ivory white Bug – since I was planning a trip from Pittsburgh to West Michigan to visit kinfolk we arranged to have me transport it this weekend. I met the seller last week and we did a short paddle up and back on the last 5 miles of the Youghiogheny River (I used a kayak and loaned him my Bug so we could keep the sold one clean). He did admit that maybe he was having a bit of seller’s remorse (experiencing the pleasure of paddling a Lady Bug again) but I suggested to him he could borrow mine if he ever got too nostalgic for it – he has some other nice boats anyway.) I’ll be visiting cousins who live less than an hour from the buyer and they live directly on a 43 acre lake so tundrawalker will be able to immediately check out the Bug if he likes before hauling it home.

2 Likes

The seller Willowleaf mentioned above would be me. I want to thank her publicly for making the sale possible. Besides helping both Tundrawalker and myself with this, she offered to meet me where ever I wanted to pick up the boat. She even offered to drive all the way to me to get it (an hour and a half away!) Instead, we met at the river and shared a great day together—and I made a new friend. Thank you, Willowleaf!

2 Likes

And thank you to you, ScottFree. I enjoyed our paddle on the Yough as well. I checked out the little business promo package you gave me – I like the photos so much I am framing one of them to add to my “gallery” wall in the camper. I found that by tacking velcro strips to the birch walls I can use flush back small frames with the velcro loop glued to the backs to securely mount artwork in the living space.

1 Like

CL has been chock full of Pelicans, Rogue River and other equally bad boats of late around here and anything nice has been wildly over priced, so I keep watch on Offer Up as well. I found two viable fixer uppers there in the last year. I got an Old Town Kennebec for $200 although it needed much work and just picked up a Disco 174 for $250. I have missed out on a few too that would have made decent solos because I was not looking every day.

1 Like