Curious - Kayaks

Now about that travel distance
- - If- - Your a block away from the lake, - - And - - you can access the shore, I’m not so sure I would bother with a rack etc. unless you planned on going elsewhere. There are a slew of little wheelie carts that would allow you to just ‘wagon’ your yak to the water.

—again - - that depends on the size of your block - your mileage may very.

Quincy
The tone of your posts suggests you have made up your mind based on cost and a couple of other criteria that you should think long and hard about such as the size of the cockpit. The beauty of this forum is that is gives lots of advice and just like er, elbows, eveybody has one. I can’t help but feel that you are trying to convince yourself by convincing us about your purchase. The opinions are well intended but you have to decide for yourself and I woudl very strongly recommend that you talk to a couple of good paddleshops (not some tire place) and try out a few boats.

It is a small investment that could save you a lot of expense and time over the long run.

Paul

I’d agree

– Last Updated: Jul-07-07 6:00 PM EST –

Paul you probably hit it correct. You will quickly find that I do a lot of research on anything I purchase but quickly found out today kayaking isn't something you just pick out online and go buy.

I just returned from visiting an actual dedicated kayak shop on the shores of Lake Erie, called Pelee Wings Kayaks and Canoes. They were so helpful there and the owner Mike really took the time to explain the boats and recommended I demo boats first before deciding since they all have pluses and minuses and are specific to usage.

After about an hour of chatting I actually signed up for their Level 1 Beginner course.

Plus they offer anytime I want to rent I can put that rental fee towards purchase if I buy from them. Had a really good time just watching the course today and looking at all the different kinds of boats, now I'm pumped. So although I had made some decisions on what I want I will just play it by ear and see what I actually like by trying them.

Really good advice today and although I have no kayaking experience they never made me feel that way and actually felt quite comfortable with the whole staff.

Can't wait. Oh yeah CanadianTire is similar to a Walmart in Canada but your right a speciality shop is where I need to be focusing my questions.