Dagger Approach

Sprayskirt
Do you have one for your Approach? Do you think it necessary in I’s and II’s? I have taken my Acadia 12.5 and Loon 120 through class I’s without a skirt with no problem. Maybe a little splash here and there. I’m sure I will eventually get one as I get my feet wet. (pun intended :slight_smile: Thanks.

Spray skirt Seals 2.2.
will fit the Approach. They have them at Appomattox River Company. There’s also a special spray skirt to fit the Approach that has a neoprene deck and a breathable nylon tunnel with shoulder straps. Sells for about $75. For hot weather and low water the spray skirt may not be as necessary, but for cold water and bigger water a spray skirt is very welcome I think.

I’m heading over to Appomattox River Company one afternoon this week to take a look at the Approach. When are you going over to test drive one?

Big D hasn’t posted in a while, but he
recently bought an Approach for fishing the Shenandoah. You might want to email him for his comments.

Friend of mine just ordered one.
A friend of mine just ordered one. It will be here this Friday. I don’t normally subscribe to the “one boat for all purposes”, but in his case I think this might be a good idea. He likes to fish and is planning on putting a rod holder on, and he is wanting to be able to move through small rapids a little better. He currently has a, OT Dirigo 120 that turns like a loaded barge. I am planning on taking it through the traces when he gets it. I will report back.

Jay

Thanks
I have an OT Loon 120 and an Acadia 12.5. I usually paddle the James (Bent Creek area) and these boats do well there. I took them on the Pigg River (Franklin County,VA) on July 4th. They did OK but I think the Approach would be a better choice for this type of river and the faster moving portions of the James west of Lynchburg that I plan to float in the near future.

I plan to be at ARC on Thursday afternoon to look at the Approach. I have priced this boat at several places online and found it cheaper than ARC. However, the savings are negligible. I will purchase from ARC.

Nicely made
I looked at one on the weekend and it looked like a really nice boat. It has this center section that separates your legs, not sure whats that for but I’m hoping to demo one in the next couple weeks to help decide on what I want.

Center Thingy

– Last Updated: Jul-09-07 11:06 PM EST –

The foam block that seperates your legs is the whitewater influence of this boat. Dagger assumes that this boat could be used in whitewater and that grey center thingy is support to keep the boat from collapsing on your legs in the event of a pin. Do not take that out, please.

Good Luck and have fun,
Jay

skirt
the neo skirt available for the approach is nice. the tunnel has Velcro on it to help get a better fit. the skirt however does not have shoulder straps, but you really dont need them. I have rolled my approach with this skirt and didnt have any problems. If you are going to use this boat in ww i recommend getting some hip pads, they really help with control