Don't trust Croakies in surf

surf class
’92 UC Berkeley Out door program first surf class used Chinooks,oh boy.

surf takes EVERYTHING away
I wouldn’t have pumps, waterbottles, deck bags on the deck. Pockets on pfds that aren’t zippered lose things. Spare paddles have to be WELL secured. , and a helmet,gotta wear a helmet.

Huh?
“After losing a couple pair of prescription RayBans, I only wear sheap sunglasses” Same as “sheep sunglasses”?

My eyes are not good enough to not use perscription sunglasses. I too lost a pair of perscription glasses when my Croakies let go. Now I only trust Chums, and I always have a float attached. You know, the old belt & suspenders approach.

Jim

“Long” Boat Surfing

– Last Updated: Jun-28-06 9:31 AM EST –

here's TChuck surfing my plastic Mystic in 3' waves last Thanksgiving. It's 14' with a bit of rocker. Notice how the bow is out of the water. Chuck had some nice diagonal runs. No broaching. Plus he was catching them further out before the waves even peaked. With my surf boat, I had to catch the wave as it peaked and in the critical section to catch a ride. That's the advantage of longer boats.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/512776502/1512783459043300790HYFYvW#

sing

Hear ya on the blurry
After losing my “totally secured” (via croakies)prescription glasses on a classII + adventure in Zoar Valley several years back, I got a backup pair with plastic frames (yeah dorky …but)and drilled a 1/8th " hole thru the end of each arm and installed a clip.

So far I haven’t experienced any rubbing behind the ear etc. and the glasses have stayed on.

After the guy who lost his (and I hear they ARE EXPENSIVE!!)upper dentures via a kayaking mishap, I stopped feeling so bad.

DUH!