Dry Stuff Sack/Drybags for Sleeping Gear

Keeping sleeping gear dry
I know that someone will have something neg. to say about this, but this has kept my sleeping gear and clothing dry for many years w/o fail. I have never been able to find a perfect “dry-bag” that was made by any company , and sold as such. About 20 years back, I started using thick mil lawn and leaf bags inside of a regular stuff sack, properly burped and twisted top, shaped like a U, and then rubberbanded. I have been using contractor bags for the last 15 yrs, and have found them tougher than the lawn bags. Yeah, I’ll probably get a leak sometime, but they are lighter and cheaper than any real dry bag. I hope I didn’t waste your time, Kenton

Leaky roll-top drybags
I have witness leaks in roll top dry bags even my own, but all of these leaks were the result of improperly rolled seals or not enough room left in the bag for a proper roll.

For a long time a had some small insignificant leaks in my roll-top dry bags (all my dry bags are from Seal Line)until one my friends showed my how to properly roll them. There is a proper way to close Seal Line bags, so those of you with leaks, check with your instructions before giving up like I almost did.

-MEAT