Dry suit colors, how come

Like Sing said
What’s on sale? I would have bought yellow instead of red if I could have gotten the same deal. Took advantage of a sale and percent off offer at REI. The only sale stuff was what was on hand, red. Yellow would have been a special order from Kokatat and full price. The only downside I have experienced from my yellow/black colors is the attraction it has for flying/stinging lifeforms. I didn’t start out thinking Y/B it just happened and I have tried to stick close to it.

Got A Kokatat GMER In Bright Yellow

– Last Updated: Dec-18-06 7:31 PM EST –

on sale for $800 when I decided my small blue one was too tight. Frankly, I hate yellow but for $800, a $200 savings, why not? Turned out it was way too long for me though the width was good. That sold in one day of posting. I ended up with another blue drysuit, Palm Stikine, which was on sale for $500.

I like my pink helmet 'cause it was my kid's skate board helmet that wasn't being used. It was cheap, thus why not? I used it for about 3 years. A lot of white water and surf kayakers in the northeast know me by that very helmet.

Frankly, it doesn't come down to what you look like but what you can do on the water.

sing

BBB sale if it helps…
http://www.bodyboatblade.com/else-retail.htm

Kokatat Watersports Wear

SALE: 25% Off Select Kokatat Dry Suits

Kokatat Gore-Tex Men’s Meridian (GMER), Size L, Mango, with relief zipper & GORE-TEX socks

Sale Price: $683.00 (Retail price: $910.00)

Kokatat Gore-Tex Women’s Meridian (GMED), Women’s Size L, Plum, with drop seat & GORE-TEX socks

Sale Price: $783.00 (Retail price: $984.00)

Kokatat Tropos Men’s Super Nova Paddling Suit, Size L, Radish/Gray

Sale Price: $334.00 (Retail price: $445.00)

I’m with you on that one
It’s a case of what I can find, afford, and fits. Lucky for me, blue is fine since my yak is all blue.

Shew, I feel better!
“Sharks cannot see colors by the way.”

I wonder if the yellow translates to a certain tone of white that they like? Or more of a flash of sun off of it, like a spoon lure?

Good info on the color blind though.

Paul S.

yow! If only I was a L!

– Last Updated: Dec-19-06 8:04 AM EST –

I'm XL. Nice lead for someone though. Thanks.

I wonder if a lot of sales will happen after Christmas? If people haven't bought yet going into January, companies might lower prices to move last year's (limited) inventory. Has anyone seen that pattern?

I know there's sales in the fall. Wondering about after Christmas.

Paul S.

light colors - yummmy-
resemble the fishbellies of some of their preferred prey, as do the undersides of the kayaks themselves. That, plus their wriggling legs, is why surfers get attacked from underneath their boards.

white or yellow on a fishbelly shape may look real tasty to a shark seeking a snack…

alaskakayakschool.com
We bought our drysuits from alaskakayakschool.com; used. It seems that at the end of each year they sell off all their drysuits that have reached a certain scheduled lifeapan, regardless of whether they have been used much or not. The one I got was worn little, if at all, and the one the wife got was the instructor’s personal suit, and though it was well used, it was in EXCELLENT condition. The suits were less than half price as I recall and the only downside is they say alaskakayakschool at the back of the neck, and mine says HOMER (where the school is located) and Tina’s has the instructor’s name… in place of “Homer” Since I am now shaped like homer simpson, I tell everyone that “homer” is my nickname. Doh! The school staff member we dealt with was GREAT, and couldn’t have been more helpful.

Check out the school website or email them to see what they have available. Our suits are kokotat supernovas. LIKE NEW, don’t leak a drop, 50% savings…907-235-2090.

Homer, Alaska.

I plan to attend the school if I ever actually get to retire. Geez.

jim