Dry suit

Kokatat Icon video
The following video will give you an idea of what is required to get into and out of the rear zipper Icon without help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGj2m5nn_mI

Wearing yellow
The bee affinity for yellow carries over to cycling also. Don’t wear anything yellow when in bee country/season. They will NOT just go away with a light brush of the hand.

I noticed this when riding, because if I was wearing a purple-and-yellow jersey, the bees would land on the yellow parts, and only the yellow parts. Likewise for red-and-yellow jerseys. Yellow kayaks also!

Watch out for yellowjackets if you’re eating a meat sandwich. I had no idea they were attracted to meat until I got stung on the lip when I bit into a roast beef sandwich that they’d hung around and I thought had ridden them from. Hah! One was hiding between the bread and the meat. Geez, that one hurt.

Icon
Thanks for the info. Haven’t seen this one yet. They make it all look so easy :slight_smile:

More
Funny. Good info on the sizing and zipper. I am assuming it would cost much more to have one custom made. Think I am limited to a manufacturer due to the size charts. Stickler for me is the length of the leg. If I have an inseam of 30" would a 32 " inseam be a big deal? It is with my regular pants. Not sure if dry suits are different.

Plastic
I guess if it hard to zip in the store, it will be hard on the water. Thanks for the input.

Kokatat alterations
Legs and arms are relatively easy with Kokatat. They can shorten/lengthen for a fee, just forget what it is. The fit issue is more of a problem with too big a belly, that kind of thing.

Clay Wright
Clay makes a lot of things look easy. His gold medal performance in the mens’ sguirt boat event at last year’s World’s Freestyle competition was astounding.

Maybe not. Just to clarify, any zipper

– Last Updated: Mar-27-14 10:38 PM EST –

... can be hard to get unstuck when it is in the fully closed position. I know that on standard zippers, there's a bit of a "tight spot" when pulling the tab past the last of the "zipping" and into the "cinched closed" position. Once you get it open and put some lube on it, it should be a lot easier to operate, including getting the tab pulled into and out of the fully closed position, so my experience with the stuck plastic zipper on the display rack doesn't really mean much. On my brass zippers I just rub the working parts with plain paraffin (on the plus side, paraffin is a dry material that does not attract dirt. On the minus side, being dry and non-sticky, it does not adhere well and must be re-applied frequently). A bit of lube makes a world of difference.