Dry Suits - Recommendations

IR DD
Just talked to the guys at IR. They won’t have any more until Dec. Maybe your local dealer has one. None around here:-(

Better alternatives

– Last Updated: Sep-28-07 11:28 AM EST –

I think there are better alternatives to the tropos suits for about the same price. Like the B-pod.

I wonder a bit at the robustness of the current fabric used in the current Kokatat Goretex suits.

Kokatat/GoreTex
My point was that Tropos isn’t terribly robust. It was mentioned above so I thought it worth saying.

Re the Kokatats, I am very very hard on my Kokatat drysuit. The material does look like it’s well used, and I have tons of patches from places it is probably a little too large and gets folded. The next will get sized differently, and washed and its coating renewed more religiously than this one did its first two years. And I go thru neck gaskets at a pretty fast rate despite religious maintenance - it’s just my chemistry. Overall, it’s not the lowest maintenance garment I’ve ever had.

But while the material looks a lot less fresh than in my older goretex or equivalent material tops from Stolhquist and IR, the suit still does its job. And my chicken neck leaves the bPod not-dry for me, so I’m reasonably happy with the Kokatat suit.