dryer sheets & bears

staying away
1st, sorry exwater for posting in the wrong area of the forum.

2nd, maybe its best for me to stay out of bear country altogether.

3rd, now i know how to get rid of the stray cats in my yard.

Why?
People are more apt to attack you than bears.

I live near bear country and its wonderful to see them. We have the occasional bear in our neighborhood and they are no bother.

sounded like advice to me
We’ll have to put this case before forum use appeals council and have them weigh in.

It was decent of you to offer the OP the option, though. You’re getting soft in your old age.

Why
did I just get a visual of a black bear with static cling??

bears
are scavanging omnivores. They tend to eat anything that is in front of them. The will hunt, but they will eat a full diaper if it is easy to get to.

What does one call a minor troll?

– Last Updated: Sep-03-14 8:57 AM EST –

I can't see how to call it advice. Speculation based on unsubstantiated rumor. That's good for Discussion, though.

Poisoning cats is illegal.

most advice in this world

– Last Updated: Sep-03-14 9:55 AM EST –

is based on speculation; lack of data is seldom a constraint. (Maybe the title should be changed to "fact-based advice only"?) :-)

A case could be made that advice, suggestions and general help should be about paddling not about where to post posts.

great point, john. ezwater should not be
posting his personal issues with other forum participants and where they post in the “advice, suggestions and general help” forum.

Talk to Brent about it.

About dryer sheets blowing loose in
campgrounds? Is that related to paddling in any way?

d sheets
would probably raise their curiosity level.

I think you need your own forum
In which you can bleat endlessly about mis-posts until no one is left to participate but you. And your ego.

Better make that two forums.

you first

Dryer sheets
I know they don’t keep mice away, I tried them in my cabin. A bush pilot I met from Alaska said they put mothballs in their planes to repell grizleys. I met a guy in the ADKs that double bags his food with mothballs inbetween bags.

Turtle

Sure, if the paddlers are camping.