Drysuit advice

Is this now?
An earlier post said this sale will be on Thursday? Or can one buy the suit for 20% off now? If so, I’m all over that!

Brian

Thursday…
According to the other posters info. You can wait a few days for a pretty good deal, right?

TheBigYaker

EMS sale
Rob, I have looked through EMS’S web page. I can’t find the sale that you mentioned, the Supernova semi dry suit.

I am real interested in this. Can you post more on how to find the it?

Thanks

EMs questions
The supernova semi dry is NOT listed on their site. Call the customer service department directly…# is on the site…

i think that the 20% off starts on Thursday night (10/20/05) and runs til that sunday…

i know that there is a bunch of stuff on good sales!!! anyone want a Kevlar Shadow with rudder???like 1200$ bucks now (down from $3000)…onl in the local EMS hingham store!!!

rob

ems sale
I checked their site and do not see where it says that the gfer is a 20% off deal. if it is , can you have them order a custom fitted suit or are we limited to stock sizes?

ems sale
Thanks, Rob. I appriciate the information.

George

They are not advertising…
the sale yet, therefore, the drysuits are not on sale now either on-line or in the store. The sale supposedly starts this THURSDAY. I do not know if, once on sale, the sale price only applies to non-custom sizing.

TheBigYaker

One thing to check…
Check the suit age and how it was stored. My local EMS stores suits with the zippers closed (shortens zipper life) and the suit was well over a year old.

Ralph

Ordered my kokatat semi dry suit!
I got mine ordered a minute ago. It seems XL is all they have left. I’m only 6’ tall so I may have to use my wading belt but I’m pretty close to their posted specs. Thank you Rob!

Silas

Sale
Eagerly waiting for Thursday so I can finally get this ordered. I’ll be getting the XL suit, so hopefully they have it in stock.

EMS Sale live?
According to the EMS site, the 20% off everything sale is active now. I’ve added the items I want to my cart, and gone to the checkout process, but I don’t see any discount applied. I don’t really want to put in my CC info until I’m sure I’m getting the discount. Should I be seeing the discount before I check out?

Size for sale
http://www.nspn.org/htdocs/dcforum/DCForumID4/389.html

$300

I guess someone was early
They had the graphics up late last night for the sale, but they’re gone now. I guess someone was a bit early with the trigger.

Brian

I just ordered mine…
You can order from EMS, a day early, if you are a member of a club. According to the salesperson, there are very few left. Order now if you want one.

20% Still not showing up
The 20% off stuff still isn’t showing at the site. I hope they’re not sold out by the time it is. Maybe I should just call them.

Call EMS customer service
Call customer service at 888-463-6367 and tell them you want item number 210-205-758.

Ordered my suit
Just ordered the XL Kokatat GFER from EMS using their 20% off sale, along with a PFD, NRS aquashoes, NRS gloves, and a paddle leash. Still need to find a good skullcap. Should ship tomorrow and be here a few days after that! :slight_smile:

They dont call the suit the GFER, but it’s the same thing from the description… blue and yellow, goretex, relief zipper, and booties.

really?
I just went on their site and it was $830 for the suit. No discount noted even up to the final checkout. I will keep looking, but note that NRS has their Extreme drysuit (breathable) with the same types of features for $575.

It should be…
It should be $664 now. Maybe clear your cache or reload the page? I did consider the Extreme, though I had heard the material was stiffer than the Gore-Tex, and ultimately I decided the lifetime warranty you get with Gore was worth it, especially given the great sale price. I hope the XL is the right size… it was the size recommended to me in a couple of places.

I do have a question about the neck gasket. How well will this stretch over someone with a rather large head like mine? (Size 7 3/4).

My big head
is the same size. Fits fine, but I did trim the gasket to reduce the strangulation factor. If you were to do a search here, there are several good threads on trimming and stretching neck gaskets.