drysuit: with socks or without?

wet socks
Yes it is a Kokatat suit. I will check out sending it off for repair. Of course that will be after this season, if I mail it off now I’ll be off the water or back in a wet suit

So for now it’s mukluks over the suit with waterproof neo socks on the inside of the suit.

Cutting a hole in the sock to let the water out is a bit of a last resort, but I wonder if cutiing the socks off and putting a velcro strap around the ankle before putting the mukluks on might do the trick just as well.

We do have built in socks on a different pair of paddling pants…they leak also…my wife asked “don’t these suppose to keep my feet dry”…(like I promised her they would…oh well)

Loaner
Spidersplash - I see you are from NH. Contact me off line to talk about the potential of a loaner so that you can get that drysuit fixed.

As I have said before, if you buy your suit in New England, you will have loaners available should yours need repairs.

Suz

suzanneh
Am I right in understanding that you are affiliated with Kokatat? Is it true that Kokatat won’t retrofit a drysuit with a neoprene neck? I have an old urythane Swift Entry drysuit that I sunk a lot of money into for upgrades (fly, pockets, reflective tape), but that I would like to have retrofitted with a neoprene neck was told once that they don’t do that, that it’s about liability or something like that. Is that true? It would suit my needs perfectly and make it a far more comfortable and lower maintenance neck. I would be willing to sign off on the liability if that were the only issue involved. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

My suit was back…
in less than 2 weeks.

Jon

Not sure…
Hi,

I am the New England sales rep for Kokatat.

Your best bet is to ask customer service 800-225-9749. They surprise me sometimes with what they will do and won’t do. Many items can’t be fitted with a different neck because of the pattern and size of the opening so best to check in directly on a retrofitting question.

Suz