place underneath, sit, pee, remove
- a good friend to brace boat
while one hangs over the edge.
- paddle float outrigger, and lean over
- a funnel thing... made for women
FUD -- Female Urinary Device

IN a dry suit?

my experience too
I’ve never had to take a leak while wearing a drysuit, probably a combination of perspiration and making sure I visit the pissoir before getting in the suit.

Zipper or not, not a big deal if …
If you mainly do day paddling, a zipper is just another failure point. I almost never use mine. Besides, I can’t reach well through there to untie and then tie again the laces that hold my warm layer underpants in place.

My over the shoulder front zipper is easy enough to undo and the PFD is easy to take off and put on again. But I seldom if ever need to pee anyway while paddling - 95% of my paddles are in and out in a couple of hours on the local rover. And if I do a longer day paddle, it is usually when the air is warm and then I usually have plenty of time and really want to to undo the top anyway to cool-off and dry my layers some on shore during the break.

The only reason can thin one would want a pee zipper would be for all day trips in really bad weather where you don’t want to unzip the top of the suit because of cold or rain… And I guess for women it would be an advantage to have it anyway, less so for men.

very glad I have a zipper
My drysuit has a zipper and I use it all the time. I mostly do offshore paddles with 3-4 hours between landings. Being able to pee without having to land is extremely nice. Also, I would not want to have to unzip the whole drysuit to pee while on land having lunch, especially on a cool day. Using the relief zipper is a whole lot easier.