Dumb question-ever get R and L mixed up?

Thanks- I feel better!
Good to know I’m not the only one! I thought about drawing a large letter L on my left hand, but then- ooops! I remembered I have been wearing gloves, so that won’t work. Maybe I’ll try the watch idea. I obviously need a reminder.

You could say “east” or “north” etc.
While that might be less confusing, I think it’s less immediate.

Left
Extend both arms in front of you, palms down. Make two fists. Fully extend each thumb out/away from fist. Point index finger, while keeping rest of fingers in fist. The hand that forms an “L” is your left. (The other one isn’t!) Kind of hard to do with a paddle in your hand though!

i have
often been guilty of it… im sorry to say ,just one of my many faults…

hmm
the easy solution, you have RIGHT and " NO The OTHER Right"

I’ve been told
that it is a common problem in left handed people. I constantly mix L&R up. Consequently, I use terms like “port and starboard” and compass directions instead. I have to tell people giving me directions to use compass points as well. And, on getting directions; never ask an artist, ask an engineer.

best one
Aaron and I tandemming one afternoon. Running granite infested ww. I’m doing my “Left…left…LEFFFT…Wait, No right, RIGGGGHT” and Aaron responded with “STOP!”

Fortunately I burst out laughing just before the skid plate did its thing.

Can’t believe my kids planning on tandemming with me again ;-).

R and L? Yeah…

– Last Updated: Apr-01-09 9:35 AM EST –

...I was all excited about 2008 until someone explained it was an "eLection" year. ;-)

Bill Clinton apparently had a similar problem...

right would be
the foot that Mom painted two dots on

M

Paddle right!!!
First time my hubby and I ever canoed together I was in the stern because he’d only paddled once before and I felt I’d do better there. Going through the only rapid on our route I yelled for him to paddle right then realized I meant the “other right” and then the back end of the boat rode up the big rock and we were swimming.

We’ve paddled that tandem boat a few times since but mostly we solo paddle now. We love paddling together but love our separate boats.