Epic Kayaks - Lackluster Cust Support

I dub thee “Savvy Consumer, Esquire”

Thanks for the feedback fellas!
I just wanted to say thanks for the feedback. I didn’t think I was going to get such a good response.

Just an update, Brian Houston (Epic Sales Manager) called me on my cell phone today (probably as a result of this post) while I was conducting a staff meeting at the bank where I work. I was rather surprised and impressed that he would call me directly. He indicated that his staff was trying to contact regarding the order I had previously placed on the epic website. It turned out my email system was treating their messages as SPAM. To make a long story short, I’d like to retract my original post on Epic’s customer service. I think they truly care about their customers and it seems that they’re actually following the discussions on this message board and taking proactive measures towards customer satisfaction.

Regards,

Edarnaldo

Useful thread
Someone posts a critical comment, and most of the posters avoid personally attacking the poster, but instead weigh in with their own experience, much of it in contrast to the original poster. Collectively, the posts have provided useful information to anyone considering purchasing an Epic product.

A startling contrast to the QCC thread, where so many posters decided to attack poor Sherco personally, and question his honesty. You can present a counterview without making it personal, and everyone benefits.

Post when resolved
I trust that edarnaoldo will let us all know when the issue is resolved. Credit where and when credit is due!

Refreshing comments
I don’t own an Epic, as my paddling is more coastal play and surfing. But I admire their designs, and their staff. Every Epic person I’ve met from the founders to the reps. have been professional.

I think they are a small company trying hard to bring good product to market and eek out a livelihood. Thus China. The folks who will attack that need to inventory their belongings and be realistic about the marketplace.

China offers huge potential, but also a lot of growing pains, frustrations. It isn’t an easy thing to pull off without full time oversight, etc.

So yeah, probably Epic isn’t perfect, and they will fall short here and there on their journey. But, at the end of the day we have a small company that has done some great things for a lot of folk by providing world class designs at an affordable price.

Whenever I get pissy about mediocre service, I ask myself about my own bad days!

I personally would never attack a company on-line unless I’d exhausted all means to work things out via email, or phone. Sometimes hearts are in the right place, it’s just people get swamped, innocent oversight etc.

All in all I’m glad companies like Epic and QCC, etc. are around and providing niche product.

like I said before
Just take the time to make call in the first place, E-mail can have issues

now lets move on.

If you don’t want to hear it
then don’t go onto this thread.

I did
Hemp,

Actually, I did make attempts to call. It’s a little more complicated because I drew this opinion over several communications I submitted to them since I purchased an 18X in June. It seems I didn’t get a reply on the last two issues I had until I submitted this post. Which actually rather surprised me. I’ll give them the benefit out the doubt. Looks like a lot of miscommunication and maybe they had so much on their plate as a small business that they weren’t able to respond in under 3 weeks. So far, I’m happy a Epic customer.

Regards

Thanks for posting
the pleasant ending.

I for one appreciate your follow up post.

cheers,

jackL

Hard to fault them…
… for whatever part was due to your overaggressive spam filter.

Good reminder/lesson in that. I’ve had similar issues with emails not getting in/out at work from time to time.

“contrast” is in your mind.
You have a bias and filter everything through it. The threads are basically the same - though edarnaldo did ask better questions - GIGO.

Indexing

– Last Updated: Nov-22-07 2:00 PM EST –

Hey Reid,

You are so right about indexing, the Epic oval shaft, and it soft feeling. I have been using it for so long that anything else feels so weird. When I use other paddles -I get blisters, my hands hurts, and the grip just does not feel right.

By the way, congrats on your winnings at the USCA Nationals. In fact, when I met Jason in MA back in July, and he told me that both of you were going to be paddling K1's and a K2, I was pretty sure you were going be doing some fast times, but you even won the Unlimited! I guess you paddled the Mill too?

Regards,

Post was more a question
than a negative comment.

Poster asked if anyone had had a problem with this company and then went on to say why he’d posted the question.

As someone who owned a successfull small business for 20 years, customer relations IS the name of the game. If you don’t have the time or the money or the desire to engage in customer realations,get out of the game.