First kayak, big guy w/bigger feet!

thanks!
thanks, i like the flexibility of the spray skirt deck design, instead of a hard top. this is a nice looking boat, have to see how it fits if i can get in for a test

Scoot

not quite it . . .
not quite what i had in mind, looking more for the small-water agility than the speed - the Swift looks like it’s lightning fast on the water, but I do plan on doing some fishing and long day trips w/gear, and this one just doesn’t seem to fit the bill. as i’ve been researching, i’ve started wondering if maybe a 14’ lightweight canoe with a center or adjustable seat would be better suited to the mix of what i’d really be doing most of the time on the water . . . hmmm

thanks, Scoot

thanks
thanks, i took a look online and it’s a real nice boat but not quite what i had in mind . . . at least not for a first boat (i expect there will be more in my future if i find the right one to start with)

ahh, the anticipation . . . i can smell the water!

Scoot

you’ve bot me wondering . . .
. . . if maybe a small canoe (14 footer) like the Wenonah would be a better idea. it would be small and agile enough for my fishing and small water paddling, light enough to get to the water by myself, and have the weight/cargo capacity. plus a lot of flexibility if my wife or brother wanted to go out with me. i hadn’t really considered that yet . . . guess i’ve got more research to do!

thanks, Scoot

Old Town XL 160
If you haven’t found your fit yet, I have a two year old Old Town XL 160 that I’m thinkng of selling. It is in perfect condition, kept inside when not in use. It is a large boat and I spend most of my time in small rivers or streams so I’ve downsized to an 11 foot boat. I’m in Indy if you’re at all interested.