First Longboat Surf Session of 2023

I believe he was on a surf safari trip, his car was loaded up with five boards, and camping gear. Someone had told him the waves were smaller north of the point (where all the Lajolla Cove carnage videos are from). I guess he was scouting it, he’d already looked at the cliff face and knew he couldn’t get down that way and he asked the only people he could see surfing near there. Also when you are 24 or 25 you are immortal .

Ahh… Immortality. It lasts until you die. :ghost:

sing

Spent a weekend at Dana Point way back when. Went by Stever Boehne’s shop (made my Infinity Stinger Waveski). Walked around the downtown, shorefront area, and had some really good food overlooking Dana Point Harbor.

I didn’t surf but sat at the break and instead watched some really talented boardies doing their thing on curly, glassly shoulder to head high waves. There was a body board and foam surfboard rental outfit out of a shack right by the beach. While tempted, I was not skilled on either of those rides, I decided to just sit on the beach and watch.

I could imagine that placid scene turning into something else with the recent west coast storms. So, the Dana Point surf community lost one of their own:

As the father of two young men, I can’t imagine losing either at such a younger age.

sing