Fishing Canoe

AAAAMEN Mario!
I use a nice little Royalex 14’ OT Hunter for fishing now, but I miss my old 15’ Grumman Square Stern. I even miss the noise and the huge effort it often took to make it turn. For years, that old boat defined the outdoor experience for me on trip after trip, but asked so little in return that I seldom thought about it. It never dumped me, not even once. Sold it cheap in a moment of weakness.

I’ve been looking at the specialized fishing canoes also, especially the Osprey. But I might just say to Heck with it and get another Grumman.

You don’t know what you got 'til it’s gone.

Bob

Check out these two kayak fishing sites
texaskayakfisherman.com and kayakfishingstuff.com. Both have had threads on the Ultimate recently. It may be easier to find the information on kayakfishingstuff, but a search on the other site will give you a lot of information. Basically, from what I’ve read, those who bought he Ultimate like it. The exception may be wind problems, but those are not as bad as with a higher sided canoe (though I don’t find that to be much of a problem with my Sandpiper). Its stable and paddles reasonable well, not a barge. Comfort seems to be something that stands out in the reviews I’ve see, along with the stability to stand.

Canoes for fishing
I have tried many but the very best was a 17 ft Smoker Craft, yes aluminum canoe. I managed about 75 to 100 trips per year for 20 years in it. Yes it got mildly wrapped a few times in swift water, but after a little work it kept on. Needed a sponge and cup to get out the water sometimes, but it carried 2 guys and a ton of gear. I tried others, a Blue Hole as I got into faster water, a bad mistake as it just was not a fishing boat and would not track at all, a Colman, and others but my memories are all with that old Smoker Craft. I bought it for $157 including paddles, etc. and sold it for $100 and a few tears. The guy who bought it was very excited and going fishing that day.