For all of you "hammock hangers"

Uh, Coffee…
the total number of hammock-hangers in North America is probably so small that buying a Hennessy or two cannot possibly qualify one as a yuppie.

Also, those attracted to hammock camping do not fit the yuppie mold.

Jim

Let me remind you…
Just for fun, though. Not another contraversy:

http://www.paddling.net/message/showThread.html?fid=advice&tid=150936

And

http://www.paddling.net/message/showThread.html?fid=advice&tid=390004

And

http://www.paddling.net/message/showThread.html?fid=advice&tid=91101

Paddle easy,

Coffee

Always good to travel down memory lane once-in-awhile.

:wink:

BTW Jim…
Did you ever get that new hammock? If so, do you still have the old one? Would you consider a “loan for trial” with it.

Paddle eay,

Coffee

I have an Expedition Asym
now. I gave the old hammock to my neice. Sorry.

Jim

Damn! lol…
How do you like the Expedition? Is it worth the hundred & a half or would the Scout do well enough?

Paddle easy,

Coffee

Depends on capacity
The Exp has a weight cap of 250# - although I weigh 285 now. I believe it is roomier than the Scout, which is a plus for me. Spent 5 nights in it last week and now I am looking for a way to hang one in my bedroom. So kind to my back.

Jim

Clark Jungle Hammock
I think I will pass on the Hennessy and save my $$$ for a Clark North American. Anyone have the Clark?

hi
crazy creek vs. hennessey?

my local store has the crazy creek with tarp for 90 compared to the hen. for 130. Anyone know the difference?

$40. Thank you.
Sorry - couldn’t resist.

Yeah.

– Last Updated: Jul-15-08 6:06 PM EST –

Actually, I own all three plus an ONO.

The Hennesy is the best finished/packaged of the bunch. The std fly is way too small, but with the big asymmetrical fly it is pretty cool, with just four tie points, but the bottom entry precludes using a full length pad in shoulder seasons. The pad slips right out the bottom and there you are - standing up but still asleep.

The Crazy Creek gets the nod for those who need some space around their bods. It is bulky and heavy and the fly needs way too many cords staked out and barely covers.

The Ono, with an overdone and undersized fly, has serious bug issues. The netting system on mine is prettty much unworkable in bug season.

Clark is the best of the bunch, but the sleeping experience is kinda back to the womb. While the under compartments are way cool for storing cloths and shoes, the rectangular fly is too small. The oversized fly is better, but still rectangular, which reauires at least four stake points beyond the two trees.

The theme is that hammocks should be diamond shaped: two points running to the tree the hammock ties to, one shorter side point to be pitched down into weather with a single stake and another, fuller side large enough to dress/ cook/sit under in inclement weather, again with a single stake point.

Charlie…
Always great to see a response from you. I missed what shoulder season means. In regards to standing up in the Hennessy does that mean you can slip out of it?

One tree hanger
Two tree’s aren’t needed if using a hammockzzz.

Viewed at www.hammockzzz-smokerzzz.com.

Useful if campsite is a few days or longer :slight_smile:

Would need a ladder though to attach upper belt, so maybe still not a good answer to “non two tree dilemma”… Oh well…