Ford Flex and Transporting Kayak Advice?

Short span
If you have no choice but to transport boats with short span racks,use 2 diagonal ropes on EACH boat bow AND stern. I used to do this on my Ranger PU. It still isn’t as good as long span,but you keep your boats on!

Turtle

FLEX
HAVE A 09 85K ON IT TRANSPORT CANOES TO N Y A COUPLE OF TIMES A YEAR FROM SC NO ISSUES

ON ROOM LEFT W/3 GUYS AND 2 BOATS W/CAMPING GEAR GOING TO THE ADIRONDACK CLASSIC

GOOD RIDE

Great replies, thank you!

– Last Updated: Jun-30-12 12:15 PM EST –

I really appreciate the replies. I know there's a lot of ways to skin a cat (load a kayak? lol) and opinions differ. They are all valued, experienced opinions, and for that I thank you.

Future advice seekers can now search and find your thoughts on the Ford Flex transporting, so that's important.

In the end, and in my garage as of yesterday, I ended up buying a Toyota Sequoia. lol So, at 6100 lbs, 381 hp, and 10k lbs towing capability, I guess the crosswind won't tip my vehicle.

For anyone thinking of a Sequoia, this link has info (I encourage interested parties to click the "Test Drive" video at the link).

http://www.toyota.com/sequoia/demos.html

I'm going to post a separate question about Toyota just to see if anyone has unique advice about his vehicle, but it appears that many of your great suggestions can be used by me. Again, thank you all.

--Seedy One