Fort Bragg California

Bingo! Thanks
Thanks!

They rent Scramblers in the Harbor, and I can take to other beach or just paddle out to the ocean and look for some surf.

The Landlord Is In Town
I have camping reservations for a couple nights at McKerricher…

McKerricher State Beach — On July 11, 2007 Tad Ulatowski and several unidentified witnesses observed a predatory attack by a white shark at McKerricher State Beach, which is located 3 miles North of Fort Bragg. The sky was clear and it was 7 PM. Ulatowski reported; “A large shark was observed by myself and several other individuals at the seal observation deck. It was chasing a small harbor seal about 20 meters from our location. The shark made a sudden lunge at the seal and the shark’s head was briefly seen above the surface as well as the dorsal fin. After the apparent attack the seal could not be seen again but no blood was visible. The entire incident lasted less than 30 seconds.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

I just got back from five days in
Mendocino. It’s beautiful there right now. Great sea caves and rock gardens in the ocean out of Albion (we paddled north from the river), Van Damme (we went south) and Caspar (we went south). The conditions were very calm (swell less than three feet the whole time we were there), so we were able to get deep into the caves and tubes under the headlands. McKerritcher is a bit north of where the best caves and easy beach access is, but it’s all pretty close.

We also paddled the Big River, which was a lovely flat paddle, but the wind comes up the river valley pretty fiercely most summer afternoons.

Sea Caves
That sounds like fun. I haven’t done that before