Fresh water creeks

Inexpensive convertor for ball hitch
to accept an extender:

http://www.fogdog.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2512161

Receiver hitch
jerlfletcher, I am saving your web page for the receiver hitch and making a hard copy of the page. It may come in handy.

There’s another type, same concept,
but it was more expensive so didn’t book mark it. I was getting tired of lifting my Loon on and off my truck rack 6.5’ high. But, my 39 lb solo canoe I bought helps there, so didn’t spring for the fake receiver.

Hitch
jerlfletcher, I will look into the hitch extender when I can. It could be a good idea. I am sure it will be a good idea. Right now, I am thinking about making a wood rack that would just go into the rear rack holders. I would just use them to put the posts in and build it to just go from there onto my tailgate and a little beyond. I’d make it an even height with my tool box so I’d get the extra length. I am also in the process of arranging a demo with the sporting goods store in Greenville NC. I asked to trey out the Ride 135, Manta Ray 12, Hobie Quest, and a Huricane Phoenix 130. I’ll let you know when I’ll do that and feed back to you. By the way, the young clerk I talked with was active in helping design the manta Rays. There is a web site for NC also he told me about. It is ncwaterman.com You may want to vist it. It has all sorts of info, so you’ll have to look down the list until you see somethiong about Kayaks. The young man also told me that he was in a fishing contest and used his Yak. He said there was one other yak in the contest. he came in 2nd place in that one.

Dressing for fishing
Big_D, I was just reading over your suggestions for clothing again. I had gotten so entangles with a decision on which Yak, I was forgetting about this. All you told me was very informative. Thank you again. I will have to check out nrs.

Kayak fishing tournaments are
popular along the Texas Gulf Coast. But, the biggest saltwater tournament, one operated by Coastal Conservation, runs all summer long and anyone can enter, have an opportunity to win, and not have to worry about the pressures of one and two day tournaments. Its ideal for kayak fishermen to compete against the power boaters.

Supplex nylon pants
Even lighter than cotton pants, dry in a flash. I wear them all the time here on the hot, humid Texas coast.

Pants
Reefmonkey, thanks for the info on the pants. I am familiar with supplex.

Fishing tournaments
jerlfletcher, the fishing tourney I was referring to was in NC. I don’t think I’d much care for those tourneys. I am a much more casual fisherman than that. I love the relaxation of just fishing for whatever strikes my fancy.