Frustrated! Can't load my kayak.

trailer
I seen a light weight trailer that someone had It had large wheels almost like a bycicle. I believe they said it was from California

Anybody have ideas on kayak trailer?

Loading a kayak
go to

Boat climbs to car top by single hand

on youtube.com.

me

loading kayak
I am going to assume you have found a way of doing this already but for others I have some tips.

Im 5’3 and also drive a large SUV, and have a 15 foot sea kayak. I can sympathise with the difficulties of getting a boat on the roof. You will need a step ladder and a blanket

This is what I do when i am alone:

1. i take an old blanket and drape it between my cross bars
  2. i line up my boat along the side of my SUV so that the bow of my boat is about 2 feet in front of the front bar
  3. i angle the boat out from the car about 30 degrees
  4. I lift the front of the boat and place it in the J rack ( i do this so that the boat will balance itself without me holding it)
  5. I then lift the back of the boat and put forward into the front J rack until I have the back end high enough to toss it in the back J rack
  6. i usually have to flip my boat around a bit because it will end up not quite in the rack properly ( i do this while on the ladder)
  7. I use the ladder to reach over the boat for the straps and from there I think it is pretty straight forward…

I will admit this is not as easy as I would like but I can do it on my own!