Full Skirt on Rec boat?

I agree, mostly
I can see the big difference in rocker on those WW canoes compared to a rec boat. I do agree that will make it turn quickly, across eddy lines especially.

I really just need to get out into some easy class II so I can see how my boat handles fast moving water. Heck, edpending on how it goes, I might forget all-together about tougher whitewater.

What can I say… I’m psyched up. Having spent all of my river paddling life in big, barge-like canoes, I feel nearly unstoppable in my little yak! (I know, I’m not)

Now if this stinking weather would cooperate, I’d be in business.

Zippo

It’s Good That You Got The "Want!"
do take it down a class II first. Straight lines are pretty easy and “straight forward.” :slight_smile: What you want to test is whether it can make lines that are not straight, e.g. Go right and then zip left around a boulder or something. The point is when you get into class III, it aint’ all straight lines anymore. You may have move left to dodge a drop/hole and immediate zip to the right to dodge another. The boat has to be maneuverable enough to do that. If it’s a straight tracker, by the time you get the boat to turn, you’ll be going into the hole sideways.

sing