Funny pictures - Just Funny Paddling Pictures

Picture Number 2 is MOSES. on the Nile.

Sorry for slow replies… I just got home from a week at the Ozark 'vous. Pete and Marty and a few others from a different group are still on the river, if all is going as planned.

Bob & string: No, I haven’t been in touch with TexasLady since about Christmas. The latest news, (from last year) of interest to many here would be that she and UglyOkie got a 19’ Grumman square stern (with motor) for fossil collecting.

Yes, there is some sadness. Some of us are gone now, some may be back… Rdhow was down this time, for the first time in several years. We were paddling memory lane for a good bit… At every turn in the river there were memories of places where WildernessWebb used to hang out for photos, and spots where so many other Pnetters too numerous to list committed various acts of paddling antics.

But those good memories of laughter, storms, spills, the quiet times spent simply cruising together, the camp fires are all things that can never be taken away. Its getting close to twenty years now of twice yearly trips… that’s a lot of folks and a lot of good times. Pnet/Pcom has facilitated the formation of quite a community. And there were new folks this time. Hopefully the group will continue into the foreseeable future though the cast of characters may change. We owe TheBob, TexasLady, WildernessWebb & Margret, and Kate a big “thank you” for getting it all rolling in the first place.

But there is stuff to dry out now - we had a bit of rain - before mildew sets in…

7 Likes

It was really good to see you guys again. Looking forward for the Spring Rendezvous.

Yeah, it was a good time. I’m looking forward to spring and another southern trip already.

Perfect for Halloween too…spotted in McCoy’s Creek in Jacksonville FL

1 Like

I hope you rescued him/her!

I aways pick up trash when I paddle. This was one of my more interesting finds. Blurred to protect any tender sensibilities! Click if you want to see.

2 Likes

Uh…LOL!

2 Likes

I left it prominently on the dock at the marina in case someone had a relationship with it, and was missing it. :joy: It was gone the next day.

4 Likes

I’m shocked! At least it had not been attached to a hooman. I found one in our street once.

A bobbitt bobber

5 Likes

I’m dying here! :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: I would be afraid to touch it. You just don’t know who it has been with! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t touch it. I used my paddle and kept it far away from me. That thing looked dangerous!

2 Likes

This is how races are won, Yukon 1000

3 Likes

Wanda Tibbs reinflated

3 Likes

Some might say, “Shoo!” to a water moccasin,
but what is there to say to loafer viper of chagrin,
when it’s coming cross the water an out-of-boat embodied schism,
like some reversed steroidal tadpole propelled per prolonged priapism?

I mean, what with all that whirlin’ and twirlin’ and entanglements, even muskrat love needs a little marital aid every once in awhile, don’t ya think?

2 Likes

Jeff Bezos’ rocket in the water was 100% worth starting the thread. So far this is the winner.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Saw this on the Saluda River nailed to a tree facing the river last March. Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Ottarnic Pond, our local paddling spot…

2 Likes