Good All Around Kayak

YOU’ll BE GLAD TO KNOW THAT YES, INDEED, THERE IS…

Last Updated: Sep-28-05 6:40 PM

[Note date: you are not alone, many have asked. Old hands on the boards have been answering inquiries like your for ages. Here is a tongue-MOST-firmly-planted-in-cheek synopsis of responses.]

…NOT

Long-lived, famed designer Rube Goldberg, in consulation with QCC, OK, WS, CD, Pelican, Hobie, Tim Neimeyer, Nigel Foster, a native Alaskan, a native Greenlander, and the Swiss Army knife people, has come up with THE one boat, the ONE boat, that does it all.

You won’t, absitively, posilutely, will NOT -believe what this super kayak is capable of…!!!

My strongest advice to you, friend, is to get one, IMMEDIATELY, and -heck, why stop at III, try IV, and then the Golden Gate, and then Florida’s 10,000 Islands, and some Keys mangrove tunnels and then take it out into the Gulf stream off Miami or the hump in Islamorada for some bluewater angling, and finish up on Hawaii’s North Shore in winter -it’s warmer than California.

This IS that Wholly Grayle that many have tried, and some have advertised.

It sprints fast and accelerates quick like a scared rabbit, cruises long, speedily, and effortlessly, and does it on a rail, packs a ton of gear, with a low deck and tight hatches, has great primary and fantastic secondary stability, yet rolls like a log, turns on a dime, and is strong yet weigfhs in at 40 pounds. It has a terrific seat, doesn’t need a rudder or skeg, weathercocks only when needed, and isn’t blown about by wind, currents, or changes in the value of a dollar or a gallon of gas.

Perhaps the best thing about this boat is its stellar forgivability. It is SOOO cool, your Significant Other will forgive you it’s rather steep price AND the time you spend with it, instead of…

Heck, it’s SO good, THEY’LL demand -DEMAND! -one, too!

It made of super strong undentable scratch- and scrapeproof lightweight flexibly rigid carbon kevlar polymetric genetically unmodified metalloplastic composite.

AND -BEST OF ALL? It can be paddled by an expert beginner at an intermediate level almost immediately. It even has a negatively sloped learning curve.

That is one boat you can, ANYone can, easily, joyfully, speedily, anywhere, anytime,

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

I would demo as many boats as you can.
Start with a good outfitter first
Osprey Kayak is one close to Boston

https://www.ospreyseaandsurf.com

@ScupperFrank said:
YOU’ll BE GLAD TO KNOW THAT YES, INDEED, THERE IS…

Last Updated: Sep-28-05 6:40 PM

[Note date: you are not alone, many have asked. Old hands on the boards have been answering inquiries like your for ages. Here is a tongue-MOST-firmly-planted-in-cheek synopsis of responses.]

…NOT

Long-lived, famed designer Rube Goldberg, in consulation with QCC, OK, WS, CD, Pelican, Hobie, Tim Neimeyer, Nigel Foster, a native Alaskan, a native Greenlander, and the Swiss Army knife people, has come up with THE one boat, the ONE boat, that does it all.

You won’t, absitively, posilutely, will NOT -believe what this super kayak is capable of…!!!

My strongest advice to you, friend, is to get one, IMMEDIATELY, and -heck, why stop at III, try IV, and then the Golden Gate, and then Florida’s 10,000 Islands, and some Keys mangrove tunnels and then take it out into the Gulf stream off Miami or the hump in Islamorada for some bluewater angling, and finish up on Hawaii’s North Shore in winter -it’s warmer than California.

This IS that Wholly Grayle that many have tried, and some have advertised.

It sprints fast and accelerates quick like a scared rabbit, cruises long, speedily, and effortlessly, and does it on a rail, packs a ton of gear, with a low deck and tight hatches, has great primary and fantastic secondary stability, yet rolls like a log, turns on a dime, and is strong yet weigfhs in at 40 pounds. It has a terrific seat, doesn’t need a rudder or skeg, weathercocks only when needed, and isn’t blown about by wind, currents, or changes in the value of a dollar or a gallon of gas.

Perhaps the best thing about this boat is its stellar forgivability. It is SOOO cool, your Significant Other will forgive you it’s rather steep price AND the time you spend with it, instead of…

Heck, it’s SO good, THEY’LL demand -DEMAND! -one, too!

It made of super strong undentable scratch- and scrapeproof lightweight flexibly rigid carbon kevlar polymetric genetically unmodified metalloplastic composite.

AND -BEST OF ALL? It can be paddled by an expert beginner at an intermediate level almost immediately. It even has a negatively sloped learning curve.

That is one boat you can, ANYone can, easily, joyfully, speedily, anywhere, anytime,

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

Wow! Where can I get one? I’ll send them a certified check for $100K and they can send me the difference in cash.

@JohnGoldhurst said:

I would demo as many boats as you can.
Start with a good outfitter first
Osprey Kayak is one close to Boston

https://www.ospreyseaandsurf.com

I second this approach and Osprey. Better to test out some boats with good instructors before limiting your choices. The Osprey crew, especially the owners, are nice folks and know their way around the local waters, especially in challenging conditions. They can advise your boat selection based on the conditons and venues you want to paddle.

As a paddler, I really appreciate range of salt water paddling venues in and around Boston. I personally prefer no shorter than a 14’ foot for Boston Harbor because a faster hull is helpful when you find yourself going against wind and/or tide. There is whole bunch of kayak fishermen (New England Kayak Fisherman) who use short SOT (12’) in the Boston Harbor, but they are pretty good about staying near shore and/or staying on top of the weather forecast, and going out with partners.

sing

I’ve chosen the Necky Manitou14 as my go to boat for traveling. Nice handling with plenty of rocker, very comfy seat, and great hatch cover design. Has a skeg if conditions get bad, or if you want stronger tracking for photography or whatever. That said, for big water or extended camping, a QCC700 is hard to beat. It can be found used for less than $1500 if you look long enough. Decent maneuverability with practice.