GPS - total distance not very accurate

I have three different garmins
The max speed error can be caused any time they lose a signal while they are moving. Although the newer street pilot I have rarely has this error. The total trip distance should be pretty close to correct on every trip you make. I definately would call garmin or the store where you got it.

Won’t help
That procedure is only to speed up the time it takes to get a fix (gives it an idea of which satellites are overhead, info it retains when powered off), helpful if you moved it a long distance with it not knowing.

A fix is a fix, though, so assuming you are getting one now, it’ll be the same again after the reinitialization.

Mike

Update
After 3 emails from Garmin support (repeating what I’ve already told them), the last email the last one just said “There may be something internally wrong with the unit.” I replied 10 days ago asking what the next step is for me (do i return to the seller or send to Garmin)but haven’t heard back yet.

In the meantime, I’ve been using a friends GPS76 and haven’t had any problems.

The thing that drives me nuts with Garmin’s support is that I wrote as many details about the problem as possible in all of my emails but their response always asked something I already told them so it’s been dragging on for several weeks. For example, in my first email, I stated that I have the most current software on the unit and even reinstalled the software to see if that helped. A week later, Garmin support replies with this “Have you tried updating the software on the unit?”

I guess they don’t even read the emails and have a list of steps/instructions to fix the most common problems.

In total, it’s been about a month and 3 emails from Garmin and no reply from the seller. I’m still waiting to hear what the next step is from either the store or Garmin.