Greyhawk

__> @Overstreet said:

@pikabike said:
An RV sounds like a great solution. You just have to figure out how to transport the boats.

The problem is most of the RV trailers turn into park models. They loose mobility with Florida rooms and metal roofs over the slides, and car ports and sheds.

That’s what happened here.
That’s not a going to happen to me again… I will be able to reach high ground in short order.

How about an update?

Update? With a 5-6ft surge most of the trailers are totaled. Some of the owners are trying to rescue them but likely in vain. I have bought a new travel trailer with FEMA’s help and will keep it ready to run away next time. J&N one year old trailer was totaled by insurance co. and it was towed out today. I will use their lot while my old one is demo’d. I will take delivery tomorrow and then be able to sleep in a non moldy place. Lots of friends hurt bad and may not return. Trash piled high on the roads and most of the snowbirds have yet to arrive. Every car that was left or stored here is totaled. But we have water and electric restored, no cable but we have internet because of a separate system for our phones and WiFi. The pool is open but not the laundry. Key Largo faired the best and our place held up well to the wind if it wasn’t for being on the bad side with the surge we would have had little damage except to the trees. We lost a couple cats but also gained a few. One I named CAT 4.

Back to work now.

Thanks. Good to hear about the power and especially the water.

And you still have a sense of humor after all that. CAT 4 kitty–love the name!